Friday, July 4, 2014

Writer’s Block

When I was young and had not thought about writing a book, I used to often wonder about why do authors often have a writer’s block.

I think now I am facing a similar situation. Being a writer it becomes inevitable that I write about diseases and treatment. That is what I guess is the difference between writing the medical books and fiction books. Medical books just comprise of facts and figures. There is little scope for incorporating any creativity or imagination. Fiction books on the other hand are just an epitome of imagination. I think that is the difficult part….to think of the plot, the characters, their names and their behaviour. For the time you are writing, you are sort of living the story yourself… imaging the story line, the flow of events, the beginning and the end.
Anybody else had to juggle between writing two different types of scripts?

No comments:

Post a Comment