Sunday, June 22, 2014

Count your blessings

This Saturday evening, as I looked towards the sky, I realised the beauty of nature. It amazes me think just how beautifully the sky can transform itself into a beautiful riot of colors. The sky was an amalgam of orange and yellow with a dash of pink. In between were interspersed bold strokes of indigo. I think it would rain soon.
I hoped it did…..A much needed respite in this hot scorching Delhi heat.



Soon I could feel the wet drops of rain falling on my head, hand and palms. Yes it was raining. As I looked at the falling drops of rain around me, it made me happy. It also let me think of a childhood prayer I learnt at school, titled “count your blessings name them one by one”. I googled the term and located the YouTube link with the lyrics of the entire hymn. It is attached here 




This prayer holds a lot of significance in my life. When faced with a tough time, I listen to this song. All my doubts fly and I am ready to carry afresh. 

1 comment: